Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Growers Corner

White Widow Man

☠ ██████████████ ☠
HC Member
The Growers Corner

Have problems growing Marijuana, ask here, Or just chat it up, about growing, and all the different techniques out there.......

Last edited:

White Widow Man

☠ ██████████████ ☠
HC Member
So, I have a thing with White Widow. On my last grow, In the Crown I found 2 seeds. My question is, if I plant the seed, will it take off as it came from a Female Clone. Its very light in color, but so I have seen Widow beans and they are even lighter in color. Just wondering bout that, and also, how does a female clone, manage to produce seeds, in a 100% no male environment ?

Jim

All my fingers are green
Light stress probably, that's the most common factor. I had two small sacks let pollen out on my last grow and I got seeds in every bud on every plant. Sucked balls. Most were immature but it still sucked.

White Widow Man

☠ ██████████████ ☠
HC Member
Light stress probably, that's the most common factor. I had two small sacks let pollen out on my last grow and I got seeds in every bud on every plant. Sucked balls. Most were immature but it still sucked.

I here ya on that, Thanks Jim, one more thing if you don't mind,
Any use for Germinating ?

NL

HC Member
Following the thread you guys are on... what's the relationship, in your opinions, to these seeds as a result of stress turning up predominantly, perhaps, in bags of really good bud but have little to no value for germinating?

I ask cuz my boy has a lot of bag seeds that've come from really good buds but very few look healthy or viable. I'm going to use the water cup method to determine which are and aren't so hopefully my own little experiment can help with this.

Fired

HC Member
If the water cup trick you are talking about is the one where good beans float/sink, it is bullshit. I have seen it disproved right in front of my eyes.

Great thread W!!

White Widow Man

☠ ██████████████ ☠
HC Member
If the water cup trick you are talking about is the one where good beans float/sink, it is bullshit. I have seen it disproved right in front of my eyes.

Great thread W!!
Right On!.... TY............

I need me a Growers Corner, where the sick, mend with the Skilled.....

Following the thread you guys are on... what's the relationship, in your opinions, to these seeds as a result of stress turning up predominantly, perhaps, in bags of really good bud but have little to no value for germinating?

I ask cuz my boy has a lot of bag seeds that've come from really good buds but very few look healthy or viable. I'm going to use the water cup method to determine which are and aren't so hopefully my own little experiment can help with this.

Ya know North dude, I am seeking the same answer. .......

NL

HC Member

Great thread W!!
Tis the one. Shit. You've stopped me in my tracks!

W, I've wondered about it but there seem to be a lotta diff. opinions and a lot of diff. experiences. From what I've read, between journals and books they're more than likely to have hermie traits, the bag seeds, cuz that usually explains why they're there in the first place. But it doesn't mean they're all subject to that. I dunno, but easy money tells me a much more experienced source is needed on this subject than I. :D

nuggs

built like that...
Staff member
Administrator
Ive had seeds come out from females only. its there job to reproduce and if there is not male they will start on their own later in flowering.

I have cracked my seeds and they come out the same. male or female.

no hermies

White Widow Man

☠ ██████████████ ☠
HC Member
Tis the one. Shit. You've stopped me in my tracks!

W, I've wondered about it but there seem to be a lotta diff. opinions and a lot of diff. experiences. From what I've read, between journals and books they're more than likely to have hermie traits, the bag seeds, cuz that usually explains why they're there in the first place. But it doesn't mean they're all subject to that. I dunno, but easy money tells me a much more experienced source is needed on this subject than I. :D

I found it.......

Bag seed and Hermaphrodites, I never heard that one, and I have grown bag seed as well, never a Hermaphrodite. I think that Hermaphrodite are more man made. Take my last crop. 1 Hermaphrodite start of 12/12. After about a month, I noticed one plant just didn't look right, so I took a couple of pics, looked it up and there was a Hermaphrodite. I later went into the room, right where the plant was standing, and wouldn't ya know, A small beam of light, right arount the 3 quarter mark on where the plant would have been.

So light Leaks, and Light Stress is the most common way to Hermafiodite Road.

Jim

All my fingers are green
Ive had seeds come out from females only. its there job to reproduce and if there is not male they will start on their own later in flowering.

I have cracked my seeds and they come out the same. male or female.

no hermies
How would they produce seeds without male pollen? It's like a woman having a baby when she was actually a virgin.

White Widow Man

☠ ██████████████ ☠
HC Member
How would they produce seeds without male pollen? It's like a woman having a baby when she was actually a virgin.

I don't know that answer, but so I am clear, I started germinating them 3 days ago, and the 2 already have taps..............

Jim

All my fingers are green
I need a few opinions. Do you guys think it's worth keeping a few little seedlings to grow out as moms? I have White Widow, Pure Power Plant, and Sour Diesel x Cali Indica. I'm tight on space, going to be getting some dank clones, and wonder if it's worth keeping these strains that could end up being total washouts. The PPP and WW were freebies and might not be top notch.

coffeeNcannabis

start your day off right!
Immaculate Propagation?????? the baby christ of MJ!!!
My thoughts exactly. Those are Jesus seeds, my man.

On the topic, I just started a hermie seed from my last grow. She's not doing much now, but she germinated and is going strong so far.

White Widow Man

☠ ██████████████ ☠
HC Member
I need a few opinions. Do you guys think it's worth keeping a few little seedlings to grow out as moms? I have White Widow, Pure Power Plant, and Sour Diesel x Cali Indica. I'm tight on space, going to be getting some dank clones, and wonder if it's worth keeping these strains that could end up being total washouts. The PPP and WW were freebies and might not be top notch.

Hey Jim, If the Widow and PPP are unknown genetics to you, than a mother is no good. That is for me anyways.

Stick to Strains as mothers, that you know what is what, and where they came from.....

Fired

HC Member
I agree with W, Jim. That and if they have no discernible characteristics you are looking for there is no point. If you ever want to run them again, I know Some on this forum who has a passion for WW and I'm mothering out a PPP. So you can get these strains very easily.

White Widow Man

☠ ██████████████ ☠
HC Member
The Father of White Widow
Interview with Ingmar……from the German cannabis magazine GROW

Grow? Hello Ingemar! You are known as “The father of White Widow” do you see it that way yourself?

Ingemar: Yes you could say that. I created a plant that became known under the name white widow.

Grow? Is the name from you too?

Ingemar: yes the name comes from the spider…

Grow? And “White”, because she´s packed with crystals.?!

Ingemar: Exactally, she is the first in the so called “White Family” later on other strains like white shark came as well

Grow? And what is so special about white widow, what kind of genetics are in her?

Ingemar: Well that of course is a secret! I can tell you this much she´s from two seeds that were breed and stablized for 6 years before being crossed together.

Grow? Where were the seeds from? From friends or from travels

Ingemar? The seeds came out of some hand rubbed hash

Grow? How exactly did you go about this

Ingemar: At that time Cannabis cultivation was not that big of problem in Holland.For the seed production you were allowed to grow big. I had fields that I could plant thousands so I could select the best under them.

Grow? What do you look for in a plant what are your guidelines?

Ingemar: That really is a secert as well. But let me say this I work with cannabis because for a lot of people this is there medicine, that’s how I go about it. That means I have been working with med pat. For over 15 years. I give them there medicine (for free) and they give me feedback on the different strains I gave out. The results were instant. So next to selecting for growth, mold resistance and yeild I also select for medical values.

Grow? How long Have you grown the cannabis plant?

Ingemar: Since 1980, I was 20 years old when I got my first seeds. Since then I have worked with plant on a daily basis 8 to 9 hours a day. During this time I have come to know what the cannabis plant needs to feel good so she will develop nicely. That’s how I came to relize that it takes 6 years for a cannabis seed to become a stable strain.

Grow? So you primarilly grow outdoors?

Ingemar: Yep, that’s what I´ve been doing for years, the plants that you see outside are from seeds that dropped last fall to the ground. They´ve been growing since Febuary.

Grow? Even through frost and bad weather?

Ingemar: Yep, those are some of the hardiest plants you will find they´ve addapted to our climate so good that not even our harsch weather will slow them down.

Grow? That sounds interesting, especially for our friends in the swiss…were can one get these seeds

Ingemar: well not yet, sorry. But when there ready then only at “De Sjamaan”. There you can purcase another strain of mine (purple Widow) she blooms early and gives good results outside. At the moment im working on the taste.

Grow? How exactally do you go about that? Do you plant a lemon tree next to a cannabis plant and the taste smell carry over?

Ingemar: it may sound stupid but you could do it that way, I myself have devloped a different way.

Grow? And that would been…………

Ingemar: when you use a fertilizer based on mango compound, the cannabis plant can obtain the falvor

Grow? And when you use a different fert then you can lose this taste?

Ingemar: Exactally, and that’s why I don´t care for indoor growing so much.Indoor the cannabis plant looses it own character

Grow? But with indoor you can obtain a garden year round. How do you care for your genetics over the winter

Ingemar: I use greenhouses for my mother plants..

Grow? Have you in all this time had problems with the law

Ingemar: Yes I have, I had to cancell our last meeting because I had a visit from the IRS….I was always open and honest with my cannabis growing to the government.and did not have any problems for a long time. A couple of years ago I then got a visit from the police and they took my plants. It came to a court case witch I won because I acted acourding to the law. The locale police assured me they would leave me alone. But then officers from a different district didn´t give a sh*t, and came by to take my plants away. I warned the police that I would make each one of them personally responceable for my loss, but they did not take me serious. And it turned out like I said free of all charges(again) and now the police have a problem because I followed the law they did not.

Grow? What allows you to grow here in holland when we hear of others grows being busted here in holland

Ingemar: up till 2002 the production of cannabis seeds were legal. Since that has changed ionly grow for scientific reasons. And growing for science is legal, I am the only one, that I know of in holland that can grow legally

Grow? Even indoor

Ingemar: No just outdoors

Grow? And how many are you allowed to grow? 5 is normal right

Ingemar: right, normally 5 per address, but I can grow as much as I like, they can´t do anything!!You have to remember that I´ve been fighting for 25 years against laws that make what I do illegal and since last year I have accomplished what I´ve been fighting for

Grow? But your not allowed to sell weed right?

Ingemar? No grass and no seed sales. I don´t grow for grass or for seeds I grow for science, the seeds that happen to come up are the collected and given to the company De Sjamaan

Grow? I understand…..are all strains at De Sjamaan variations of white widow?

Ingemar: basically yes, I have taken the original white widow and crossed her year for year and selected. That’s how the different strains came about from those two seeds but like I said it takes 6 years to stablize from there on

Grow? How is the Green house white widow? do they have the same one?

Ingemar: Yes it´s the same one. I gave Arjan the genetics and the name years ago he is the only one that has permission to use the name and genetics

Grow? Witch he has done very well with you yourself have not gotten rich?

Ingemar? No, it´s not about the money, to me it´s about the plant and the medical applications I find that´s more important that the money. If it were about the money I doubt I would have won in court!

Grow? Well not everyone thinks like yourself, have you heard of other growers treating there plants with posionious cemicals just for profit?

Ingemar: sure have, I´m currently writing a letter to the Minister complaing about this very thing for years he has allowed chemical weed to be sold in coffeeshops that lead to health risks down the line!

Grow? What kind of chemicals are they using

Ingemar: depends on the situation I have heard of them sprinkling coffee creamer a couple days before harvest to give them a white look or sparying hair spary over them for the same effect

Grow? People really do that

Ingemar: when it´s about money they will do anything

Grow? Do you use any pesticides or anything

Ingemar: no I just let it grow nature takes care of everything if you let it

Grow? But you do use fertilizers

Ingemar: yes, but only my self made mix

Grow? How is the THC content in your strains

Ingemar: I´d rather not take about that at the moment since the government is trying to bann strong marijuana

Grow? Okay back to white widow then, what in your opinion is the reason for the white widow popularity?

Ingemar: she is the first in the white line, she produces so much resin that one gets scared to smoke her. I have had little with her popularity to do all I did was give a coffeeshop dryed product that was entered in different cups and won.

Grow? Was it the weed

[FONT=&quot]Ingemar:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] that’s what I asked myself, about the time white shark came out and immediately won a cup. I then entered the same weed under the name peacemaker and she won a cup so maybe it was the weed.

[/FONT]

Jim

All my fingers are green
Interesting read W.

I kinda just germed those seeds for the fuck of it. The WW and PPP are from G13 Labs. I grew other freebies from them and they came out amazing, which is why I germed these. I want to have some variety. Maybe I'll just throw them outside or something and take a cut or two at some point if they do well.

Top Bottom