Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

extract bags

king420

HC Member
hey everyone, i got some questions bout my extraction bags, hope someone here can help me. ive been growing for years but only recently started making hash with my highest quality trim and and small buds. a friend bought me the bags for christmas.

so i read the instructions, watched some videos on youtube, and made a few batches over the last little bit and the quailty is great but i think im doing something wrong. when i first scrape the goods off the screens, its all green!!! every video ive seen, other peoples stuff is golden or brownish..,.

why is mine green at first? i press the water out thru screens then play with it a bit as i let the last of the water evaporate and then it turns to a good dark colour. and within 24hrs you cant tell it was ever green. im thinking i gotta be doing something wrong but im following instructions properly, its kick ass good weed trim, full of tricomes, dried real well. i get about 10% back after i make the batch so im happy with that and everyone says its the best stuff they tried in a long time so thats good too but why the green?

please help, i wanna make a batch tonite

smokeweeddd420!

HC Member
It's fine you just didnt get all your water out I've made a lot of bubble hash and it'll be fine

gafner

HC Member
Ok two things 1st I think making kief is much faster and just as good with the bubble bags 2nd ever tryed making bho? Its a far better hash/wax then anything u can make with hash bags In my opinion and pretty simple

king420

HC Member
It's fine you just didnt get all your water out I've made a lot of bubble hash and it'll be fine
ya makes sence cause after i let it sit overnite i dont look green nomore. weird tho i dont know what im doing that makes mine green when i do it the same as everyone else

king420

HC Member
ya makes sence cause after i let it sit overnite i dont look green nomore. weird tho i dont know what im doing that makes mine green when i do it the same as everyone else
or do u mean i didnt let the trim dry enough before making the hash? that could be a possibility, i dont let it dry very ling cause im nirmally pretty anxious to make it. this time the trim has been drying WAY WAY longer so maybe that will do it. ill let u know

smokeweeddd420!

HC Member
Don't use dry ice it burns the crystals and kid wax and hash are all way different and qualitys depend on your trim andddd you can use strait wet cut off then plant trim it doesnt have to dry ita gonna go into water

king420

HC Member
Don't use dry ice it burns the crystals and kid wax and hash are all way different and qualitys depend on your trim andddd you can use strait wet cut off then plant trim it doesnt have to dry ita gonna go into water
thanks bro, ya makes sence eh, ive always wondered why people say to dry it if your just gonna put it in water anyways, so maybe next time ill try doing it wet to see if any difference. oh and i only use my best trim and small buds, never any leaves

a friend of mine that has done this before said maybe i should mix it a little less, usually mix for 30 min, maybe ill try 15min and see what happens too. i just thought their was an easy answer why its starting out green

smokeweeddd420!

HC Member
Fashooo you should test that out but don't throw out your trim after I say remix it and check your yield differences and qualitys

king420

HC Member
k so i made a batch, and it came out green again. i dont get it. i let it dry overnite and by morning if was a very dark colour, still nice and gummy but not wet at all. out of 110grams of trim and buds

i got 8.8 grams adter drying so thats good rite?

it streams heavy thick tasty smoke so thats also good, rite?

im real stoned iff it so i know its damn good!!!

i guess the green colour doesnt really matter in the end, im just being picky. im going to the store the bags were purchased from to see if the owner can tell me whats up, i know he makes the stuff all the time.

smokeweeddd420!

HC Member
I wouldnt worry about it if it always comes out good but ild try to keep it from turning hella dark i have a cheese grater with a smashing handle on it and i freez my hash when its still wet and mulch it down and then i spread it across a tray an check on it every 30 min or so till its crisp then it looks nice and has more volume and is easy to apply to anything annnnd my friends prefer buying it that way might want to check that out?

mmar100353

HC Member
The two reasons the hash can have a green cast at first are:
1. Mixing too long. You end up with organic particles from the leaves.
2. the screen size is a little off (too large) and you're getting more than just triclomes.
Either way, as long as it has a nice kick, then you're good to go.
Also, aging the hash, just like you do the buds, make it less harsh and a bit stronger.

MjMama

HC Member
Try using half dried trim and stir with a wooden or metal cooking spoon by hand. I used dry trim and a paint mixer my first few batches and they weren't as good. Ive done the dry as and didnt like it as much either. The stuff I get using the subcool method is the best bubbly hash I've made.

Top Bottom