Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cheap cO2???

Curly0569

HC Member
Tryn to give plants cO2 heard some way of spraying some type of cO2 water or sumtin? If anyone knows what I'm talkn bout I would greatly use some clarifications and open to other methods if anyone has any input. Thanks

Mr .B

HC Member
Seltzer water w giv your co2 if you foliar spray w it. I used to buy the tini bottles since u dnt use much and once u open it its gonna lose carbonation, id grab them at wally world.

heeb

HC Member
They sell bags of co2 used for mushroom growing that last 6 months. Perfect for small spaces. I forget the name but search the Internet. I bought some from a company in Montana that specializes in mushroom growing. They are a bag with a vent built in that is filled with some stuff that reacts and gives off co2. I'll try and remember if I can.

shadyslater

HC Member
Wot i do is put oz of yeast ina 2l bottle 3/4 full with hot water then add half a cup of sugar. Give it a shake leave half an hour let the yeaat do its fing nd put in ur grow area. Done cheap co2

NeWcS

HC Member
Wot i do is put oz of yeast ina 2l bottle 3/4 full with hot water then add half a cup of sugar. Give it a shake leave half an hour let the yeaat do its fing nd put in ur grow area. Done cheap co2
I've done this for under water plants in my fish tanks. But sadly, In a grow room its not going to be enough to make a diff.

Those mushroom bags seem cool but a little $ for my liking. I've used Greenpads and they seemed to work ok, The little ones in a clone dome really does well. IMO

M.S_Sucks

HC Member
Hi we went Amazon.com and found one of those bag co2 with the fungi in it. It works great, and it only cost 32 bucks. From what I have found, if you want a good grow, you do have to spend some dollars. Just sayin.

Stoner

ooops stoooned
what he said. you put money into it and you get good bud. you skimp, you get bammer

7eoSouL

HC Member
Baking Soda + Vinegar = CO2

( oops.. misread and cant delete sorry )

alexgreen

HC Member
In another thread there was a grower saying that he sprays his plants with Soda Water... wonder if it works...

Big Sky

HC Member
there is no such thing as cheap co2
it has to be used in a manner most do not understand-
co2 is a "light on" only gas..you never want to use co2 in a room at night or lights off-
they take in oxygen at this time..not co2-
so all co2 use has to be properly timed and monitored for its ppm levels in the atmosphere of your grow room.
if you really want to use co2 do it right-
with a tank setup for small scale and regulator-
or go with an actual co2 generator that burns propane-
you want co2 to enter the room during your lights on period each hour for about 15 min, then exhaust it for 45..repeat all light cycles like this every hour on the hour-
shut it off at night!!-
you want to build 1000-1500 ppm in that 15 min each hour as well to make any real overall difference in yield-
In the long run..co2 is a huge waste of time and money-
co2 levels are rising everytime a volcano pops off-
put it into perspective this way- one reg avrg yearly volcano- is equal to the co2 emmissions of 300 years worth of suv's on the highway-
2011 hit a record for ..78 volcanoes
this year..oh yeah 62 already and counting ..
in 5 years levels will be around 500-600 ppm on avrg if not more-
no need for more co2 generation.

SDcocofan

HC Member
What up sky! Dude, great, well detailed explanation of how c02 works in a room. With good air exchange there is enough co2 during lights on that you don't really need a tank. Typically co2 is most utilized in a sealed room grow where no outside air containing co2 is brought in.

However, some " cheap co2 " in maybe a small closet grow with poor air circulation might help. I ran 2 "closet plants" a looong time ago and used pieces of dry ice back then . Can't really say if it made a difference or not though.

pixynikki

HC Member
Hi we went Amazon.com and found one of those bag co2 with the fungi in it. It works great, and it only cost 32 bucks. From what I have found, if you want a good grow, you do have to spend some dollars. Just sayin.
I use the fungus bags as well. I use to use Exhale but I recently bought MyCo2 Bag. There are 2 parts in the same bag that you mix together then in about a week it starts making co2. I originally bought these because my boyfriend loves mushrooms and I guess you can grow oyster mushrooms after the bag is done making co2. The first time I used them I didn't try it but this time I will for sure. Kind of exciting! Like a science experiment!

Top Bottom